Saturday, September 24, 2011

Emory lambed ~ September 21, 2011

Emory lambed to a single ewe lamb on Wednesday morning, September 21st, 2011. 


Wednesday morning I checked on Emory and her udder was real full, she had dropped and was having contractions . . . I kept checking on her fairly often and around 10:00am I checked her and sure enough there was two feet and a ton of mucus hanging out! So I ran inside and told mom that Emory had two feet hanging out. Mom and a few of my siblings came out, we tried several times to chase her into a smaller pen (just in case we had to pull the lamb out), BUT it did NOT work:) So we just decided to watch her for a little bit and see if she would get it out, we waited until about 10:30am . . . she kept pushing and pushing and pushing and it was NOT coming out fast enough. By the time it was 10:30am I (and a few others) started to wonder if the lamb was even still alive, so we went into high gear and got the majority of my family out there to chase Emory into a chute type thing and into a SMALL pen. We got her in the pen in one try. Right when we got her in the pen me, one of my brothers, one of my sisters and my mom went in there with her and caught Emory and mom pulled the lamb out . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . and PRAISE GOD the lamb was still alive and breathing!!! The lamb is a BEAUTIFUL big tri or quad colored ewe lamb . . . she is SOO cute!!  The sire to the lamb is one of our Painted Desert rams, named Little Hills Gomez and the dam is a Desert Sand ewe of ours, named Little Hills Emory.


Here are some pictures ~




















No comments:

Post a Comment