Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Spot Lambed ~ June 4th, 2012!!

On Monday, June 4th, 2012 around 7:00 to 8:00am I went to check on Spot (I hadn't checked on her for several hours:)). When I went out I looked down by the chicken coop and saw a little lamb so I looked closer and sure enough Spot had twin lambs already out and standing. She had 1 BEAUTIFULLY red spotted EWE lamb and 1 pretty mostly white ram lamb with some red spots on his head and neck (he is marked almost identically like Spot [his mom]).

The sire to the lambs is a red Katahdin ram we use to own, Big Salmon and the dam is a Katahdin ewe of ours, Spot.

Here are some pictures ~

This is the ewe lamb, we plan on keeping her as a breeder.



This is the ram lamb, I don't know if we will be keeping him yet.




No comments:

Post a Comment