Sunday, April 8, 2012

Britannia Lambed ~ April 4th, 2012

Well, early Wednesday morning around 5:45 or 6:00am we saw that Britannia was in labor. Then around 8:00am (I think it was) I was awoke by mom saying something like "Hurry, the lamb is stuck, I need your help" so I went out to the stall and held the ewe while mom tried to pull the lamb out (she was pulling so hard that she was almost pulling the ewe on her butt) . . . but she was unable to get it out, so we yelled for one of my sisters and she came and was able to get it out with my mom's help. It is was a good sized dark chocolate ram lamb. A little after that she had another chocolate and white ram lamb (he came out just fine).


Britannia is a beautiful ewe, BUT she won't take care of her lambs and now her two little boys are being bottle fed. Due to that Britannia is being culled.

Here are some pictures ~

This is the birth.










This is when we put her on the stand and let the lambs nurse.





Here are some pictures of the lambs the next day.




No comments:

Post a Comment