Well, sorry for being almost 3 weeks late, we have been very busy lambing out ewes, taking care of them and the rest of the animals, bottling lambs, and one of our friends had a baby.
Anyways, Appalachia went into labor after I got home on Friday from picking up the Icelandic sheep. We went over to our friend's house for a little bit and then when we came home around 9:30pm Appalachia had a bubble. We just stood there and watched her till about 10:05pm and then that bubble popped and another bubble appeared. Then a bit later another bubble showed up, so now there were 2 bubbles out. One or maybe both of the bubbles (I can't remember) popped a little bit later. Now it was sometime between 10:30 and 10:40pm. It was starting to look like the lambs needed to be pulled out. So me, my sister and mom went in the jug. I felt first and felt that her opening was very tiny and she had a good sized lamb trying to come out . . . it was not going to work. So, I told my sister to do it, because she is much more experienced than I am:) My mom had to help her stretch her skin out some while my sister pulled the lamb out. They were able to get the lamb out, but it was pretty stuck. After that, we thought she had no more lambs, so we went inside and a little bit later my mom and I went to check on her just to make sure, and sure enough there was a breech lamb hanging out. So, my mom pulled it out, it was not really stuck. She had two beautiful black and white ram lambs.
The sire to the lambs is Eldorado, our Painted Desert ram. And the dam is Appalachia, one of our Painted Desert ewes. Both of the lambs are able to be registered with the Painted Desert Sheep Society.
Here are some pictures ~
The first bubble.
The two bubbles.
My sister doing it now.
Here is the second lamb being pulled out.
The first ram lamb.
The second ram lamb.