Sunday, February 5, 2012

Ewe Neek Lambed ~ February 3rd, 2012!!

Well, Friday (February 3rd, 2012) morning around 5:45am I was awakened by mom saying something like "the big Dorper ewe has twins", so I got up expecting spotted little lambs. I went out to the stall and there were 2 white ewe lambs. I thought "that is kind of strange that she had only two and they are white".  But then, Ewe Neek started trying to take the lambs from the other ewe, so I thought "what a brat", and smacked Ewe Neek away from the lambs a few times, but she would not stop. I grabbed her and shoved her out of the stall. It was then I realized that Ewe Neek had blood on her udder and on the inside of her tail and she also had colostrum.  I felt bad and let Ewe Neek back with her lambs and grabbed the "lamb stealer" and shoved her out. While the "lamb steeler" ran around yelling for 2 hours or more.

The sire to the lambs is Rocky (Katahdin ram).

Here are some pictures ~













No comments:

Post a Comment